Friday, November 18, 2005

On the Road Again...

(Update from Paige)

My Dad sends his apologies that he has not blogged recently, but as you can imagine he has had his hands full!

I want to save the majority of the details for Dad when he is able to blog, but I just wanted to give everyone the low down of what has happened over the last 2 1/2 days.

Wednesday, Mom passed her swallow test and is now off of IV foods and medicines! Praise God!

She is also now able to motor around her floor in a wheelchair using her left arm to propel the wheel and her left foot to steer! Watch out! She's mobile!!! I'm waiting for her to escape for a shopping spree ;)

Dad got an update from the Doctor last night and again I'll save the details for him, but the Doc basically said that Mom's speed of recovery is nothing short of a miracle. (No offense, but DUH!) Prayers work and since we've got people all over the world praying for Mom...what does he expect! God is faithful to those who follow him!!!

One detail I'll spill is that the swelling in Mom's brain has reduced DRASTICALLY and has done so in a much shorter time frame than normally expected.

And now the exciting news....TODAY IS MOVING DAY!!!!

Mom, got some much needed pampering yesterday in preparation for her trip today. At this time she should be almost or already loaded in her FABULOUS limo (aka Suburban) that will be whisking her away to the Zale-Lipshy University Hospital Rehab Center in record time!
Wait, scratch the record time, cause Stephen holds the record in the family and unless they bring the concord back, I'm not sure any of us can beat it. ;)

Prayer Requests:
1) Safe and smooth trip
2) For the doctors and therapists who will be taking care of Mom
3) Easy transition for Mom in her new environment

Psalm 52:9 - I will praise you forever for what you have done; in your name I will hope, for your name is good. I will praise you in the presence of your saints.

No comments: