Tuesday, November 29, 2005

A is for...

Attitude! I just wanted to share a quick and funny story. Yesterday (Monday), Patti's speech therapist was about 20 minutes late for her scheduled session. Patti had all of her homework ready for her and was really proud of the fact she completed it all accurately and with only a couple of restarts. (More great progress, by the way!) She was in the wheelchair they provide up here so she looked at me and indicated there was a therapy session scheduled and I let her know that speech was due in at 11:30 and it was now 11:50. She still uses just her left hand for motion and her left foot for direction in the wheel chair. She wheeled herself out into the hallway, tracked down the speech therapist, handed in her homework and basically let her know that late appointments were unacceptable!! The therapist definitely got the message, we all had a good laugh, and Patti now has the reputation of the one patient on the floor who is controlling the treatment priorities!

1 comment:

Paige said...

Go Mom!! Tell them what's up!!!

Sorry I didn't call you last night, I went to a kickboxing class and really it just kicked my bootie and I was sooo sore and exhausted that I just laid down and couldn't get back up. It's a wonder I made it to work today!!

BTW...Todd is expecting your phone call today ;)

I Love You and will call you later this afternoon!!!