Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Taking a Stand!

Yesterday when I got to the apartment to spend time with Patti things were a little different. She was in the kitchen cooking dinner (yes she can can still cook!) but was standing up at the counter moving things around and getting things out of the cabinets above the stove! I asked her what was going on and she told me the therapists have encouraged her to position her wheelchair by the cabinets, lock the wheels and stand up to do things. This will begin to make standing more of the normal status rather than sitting. Another small development, but one with a much greater and long lasting purpose.

So I told her if she could do that then she could just as easily roll across the room, lock the wheels and stand up and give me a hug. So she did.

Forever in Him,

Mike

No comments: