Thursday, June 28, 2007

Hard Drive Down

Patti and I arrived safely at Mike and Morgan's and have been enjoying our first week spending time with them and seeing some of the sights. We have been up to Doi Suthep which is a Buddist temple with a huge statue of Budda; visited the waterfalls on the way for a picnic; been to the downtown market and the night bazaar; seen the old city walls and moat and visited a lovely park nearby; had authentic Thai food and some great Western food as well; Mike and I have played golf; had a great birthday party with Aidan; visited the Chiang Mai zoo, which is really cool; and generally having a great time while we have gotten adjusted to the time difference.


Additionally, our new camera has been taking some wonderful pictures. However, after downloading all the pictures to my laptop to post on the blog, and clearing them off of our camera card, I'm sorry to report that the harddrive on my laptop has apparently failed. Dell doesn't think it can be fixed until after we get back to the states and the IT guys at Mike's company are going to try to get the information off so we don't lose anything.

So now we have to figure how to get pictures off the camera and on to Mike and Morgan's computer so we can put some up in the blog. I don't have a cable for the transfer since I didn't need one with my computer, so it is a problem. Just as bad, all of my e-mail addresses are on the computer as well! So I'm really locked up when it comes to communicating with some of our friends who don't read the blog.


Just a couple of observations before I sign off:

Things you can find anywhere on earth:

1. Coca-Cola
2. Roaches
3. Starbuck's
4. Mosquitos
5. Pigeons
6. Motor scooters
7. $3.00/gal gasoline.

So with that information now in the public domain, I will sign off until we can figure out our technical glitches. Oh, one word of advice - buy McIntosh!!!

Mike and Patti

No comments: