Thursday, December 15, 2005

Hello Charlotte! We missed you!!

Many of you know that after Patti's stroke we (I) nicknamed her immobilized right hand Charlotte. Basically, the idea was to keep Patti aware of her hand as many stroke victims literally forget about the side of their body that is affected. It was also to motivate her by reminding her that she needs to get better so she can do "Itsy, bitsy, spider" with the grandkids. (Charlotte's Web) Anyway, you get the picture.

Well, last night at about 8:15 as I'm straightening up the room and preparing to leave for the night, I hear this "Hey, Mike!" I turn around and here is Patti with this big grin on her face and looking at her right hand. She strains a little and the hand flinches and flexes! She does it three more times! So we immediately, after laughing and enjoying the moment, take a minute to thank God for the beginning of restoration of her arm and hand.

This means that not too far down the road she will be able to walk on her own by supporting herself on a walker and then progressing back to her normal ability. All I can say is God is faithful!

Another somewhat smaller occurrence happened yesterday as well. Patti started wearing her glasses to watch TV. She only needs glasses for distance so I'm assuming this means she is more aware of what she is seeing and her eyes are beginning to work better together again.

Finally, after visiting the two recommended rehab centers, we were easily able to make a decision on the right choice for Patti. I'll write more on that later along with transfer date and mailing address.

Thanks so much for your continued prayers on Patti's behalf! We bless the Lord for His goodness, steadfastness and lovingkindness! We thank the Lord for you!

Mike

1 comment:

Paige said...

Mom, can I just say that you are amazing!!!!!

Go Charlotte!!! ok, so this means we are gonna have an arm wrestle w/ our right hands next time I come down, and I expect you to win!!!

(On a completely side note, am I the only one who reads this thing? Why are there not more comments? Come on people!! I know everyone is supporting w/ emails and cards but let's get this blog going!!! How better to show Mom (Patti to most of you) that we are daily thinking and praying for her???